Tuesday 22 May 2012

5 a.m.

Yesterday, things seemed to be going really well.  It was sunny.  I felt cheerful, almost happy for the first time in ages.  I even considered going back to work before half term.

Then this morning I woke up at 5 a.m. and the thoughts started up again.  During the day, I can control them.  I can be rational.  But at 5 a.m. they are in control.  At 5 a.m. I am convinced that I will end up alone and miserable for the rest of my life.  So what is the point of life.  I will die alone, with no family or friends.  Then I realised that I didn't mind the thought of dying.  It was the thought of all those years of life that were the problem.  I even started debating with myself which would be the easiest way out.  But not yet.  Even at 5 a.m., it was only an option for the future.  I lay in bed, silently crying.

I realised I wasn't going to get back to sleep so I got up and finished reading my book.  By 7 a.m. things seemed okay again.  But it scares me that my mood can change so drastically.  

No comments:

Post a Comment