Saturday 14 February 2009

Paper doll crafts

My creations this week had a bit of a paper doll theme. It was great to have some time to just sit and make things. I remembered how much I used to enjoy creative activities, before I got bogged down with work and being stressed about work.

First a vintage paper doll, found on the internet here and mounted on a very small canvas. She's stuck onto the painted canvas with raised glue dots, so that her dress can be removed, and she has a spare dress hanging in the back of the canvas:

Then a paper dress, again arranged on a very small canvas, in spring-like colours:


















Another paper dress. The frame was a Christmas present last year, too fancy for any of the photo
s I have, but perfect for this extravagant dress with tiny diamante and sequin details:


















And lastly the paper doll from the first canvas, Lisette, with her entire wardrobe:



















Sorry the pictures on this post are so poor. There's not much sun today, and I'm terrible at holding a camera steady! I need to dig out my mini tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment